- Interactive question/answer study of Scriptures.
- Verse by verse study of a book of the Bible.
- Online and in-person attendance options, but in-person attendance preferred for enhanced discussion.
- The timing of the study coordinates with simultaneous youth and children’s activities.
- Led by Pastor Kip.
- Beginning April 25th, 2023 — 1, 2, 3rd John.
- Overview: John, the Apostle, writes three letters near the close of the first century when the early church was under attack by false teachers. The teaching of the false prophets denied the divinity of Jesus Christ as well as his humanity, a denial which John labeled as the “spirit of antichrist” (1 John 2:22-23). This “identifier” was not only present in the 1st century but is also present in the modern-day as well. The study will help us identify the vehicles through which the spirit of antichrist speaks today. John’s writings also focus on the importance of loving one another in the body of Christ; to not love is to not be a believer – because God is love (1 John 4:7 – 8).
COMING OCTOBER 4
Join us for an exciting look at the Old Testament treasure chest of the book of Genesis. We will explore on a verse-by-verse basis some of the following topics:
- The Genesis creation story, including a fresh look of the “young earth vs old earth” interpretations of the creation story; the impact of science and evolution on the biblical view of creation;
- A review of the current fascination of our society with aliens, “UFO’s, and how the biblical view of creation might be impacted should such prove to be true.
- The story of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and how the world’s major religions are not only formed through the descendants of each but why there is such animosity between the three, particularly Jews and Arabs.
The study will be hybrid, but in-person attendance is preferred! All attendees are welcomed and all interpretations will be respected. Flexibility and respect for other views are required for all attendees!